The Real Estate market is continuing to show a promising turnaround. Prices are increasing and houses for sale in Louisville KY are starting to sell quicker. And while more people are making the big decision, here are 5 tips for getting your home ready to sell, as a homeowner you should consider some of these tips when listing.
1. De-Personalize - This is when you need to transition your home into a house. Remove family photos, school work posted on the refrigerator, and anything else that is personalized. Your objective is to have a potential buyer picturing them self in your home and not being distracted by your personal things and family pictures.
2. Fresh Paint - This can go a long way, a very wise investment that will pay big dividends in the end. Get rid of that loud bright orange bedroom or that lime green playroom. Choose a very neutral color that can be relaxing. Oh, and ditch the wallpaper too.
3. De-Clutter – Even if it is not Spring, this would be a good time for some spring cleaning. You are selling your “house” and most people are interested in square feet, so you need to utilize all the space by making the most of it and getting rid of some that junk.
4. Minor Repairs – We all have had those whining doors that squeak 10X louder when the kids are sleeping or that faucet that continues to leak. Ceiling fans that wobble and shake the house, or burnt out light bulbs in the basement. These are minor repairs that are begging for attention and that need to be fixed.
5. Clean – Clean, Clean, Clean. Vacuum daily, dust the furniture, fans, and get rid of those spider webs. Rent a pressure washer and clean the exterior areas of your home too. You can even apply some stain to the deck and a fresh coat of paint to those faded shutters.
More tips on getting your home ready to sell in this article that also features an infographic.
Nathan Garrett is a local real estate agent in Louisville KY. Manager and creator of the GarrettsRealty.com website. He specializes in Real Estate in Louisville and Oldham County. Questions about buying a home? Send him an email: email@example.com