Quick links: condominiums, search zip codes, multi-family homes, and search neighborhood.
Newest Homes for Sale in Louisville, KY
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
Louisville Real Estate Statistics
|Average Home Price||$347K|
|Lowest Priced Home||$50K|
|Highest Priced Home||$3.5M|
|Total Homes for Sale||751|
|Avg. Days On Market||55|
Property Types (active listings)
Louisville Real Estate by Zip Code
Easy One-Click Search
In this map you can easily search for Louisville homes for sale by zip code. Click on any area to find all MLS listings for sale in that zip code.
Louisville MLS Search by Neighborhood
Easy One-Click Search
Quickly find the home your looking for by searching the different area and communities. Our easy to use one-click search will help you filter homes by neighborhood. With a wide range of houses available, we're here to help you find your next dream home.
Pros and Cons of Buying a House for Sale in Louisville
Pros of Living in Louisville
As you may know, there are a lot of benefits to owning real estate in Louisville. Below we highlight some of the benefits to owning property here.
- Amazing Food Scene -You are sure to find some great food when visiting the Louisville area. There is a long list of top restaurants in Louisville that have outstanding menus to offer.
- Cost of Living -On average, the cost of living in Louisville is lower than the most surrounding metropolitan areas. BestPlaces has Louisville's cost of living at 87.9 on a national average of 100. This is 44% lower than the average cost of living in Chicago.
- College Sports -If you are moving to the Louisville area, you will quickly learn that College basketball is a hot topic around town. It won’t be long before you are asked if you are a Louisville fan or a Kentucky fan.
Cons of Living in Louisville
Unfortunately, there are some drawbacks when it comes to buying a house for sale in Louisville. Below are some of the negatives that you may run in to.
- Louisville Weather - Allergies -Our weather here in Louisville has four distinct seasons. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Typically with an average summer temperature of 88 degrees. However, during the spring and summer months many residents severely suffer from seasonal allergies because of the Ohio Valley.
- Local Parks -Compared to other large cities our parks surprisingly don’t compare well. If you are relocating from a larger city with a thriving park system you may notice this. However, they are vastly improving and a lot of them were designed and inspired by the famous architect, Frederick Law Olmsted who came to Kentucky to take part in the Louisville Park system. His vision was to ‘bring nature’ into the neighborhoods.
- Rush Hour Traffic -Just like any other large city rush hour traffic is a pain. Some of the interstates seem to be designed for a city with half the population that we have. However, compared to other large cities like Chicago, the traffic isn’t really that bad.
- Public Transportation -Unless you live really close to downtown, the public transportation is not all that great compared to other cities. If you live further out, you might be able to take advantage of the Park and TARC service that is in place to commute to and from work. However, you may find yourself driving for 10-15 minutes to get to it.
Why Live in Louisville KY?
Welcome to Louisville, Kentucky the largest city in the Commonwealth and also ranked the 30th on the list of the largest cities in the United States. With a population of over 750,000 and a metro population of more than 1.3 million (view more city statistiics here). You will notice that Louisville is a well-connected community. Even though Louisville is constantly growing - the city continues to have a small town feel. Sometimes people refer to Louisville as the 'Possibility City'. Louisville is also recognized by some more iconic names such as the Louisville Slugger. But likely most recognized because it is home of the Kentucky Derby. The greatest two minutes in sports! Many Louisvillians absolutely love attending and celebrating the Kentucky Derby festivities that lead up to the big event. A collection of more than 70 different happenings around the city. Including the nation's largest firework display.
Where is Louisville located?
There are a number of popular counties that surround the Louisville area; such as Oldham County, Bullitt County, Shelby County and Spencer County. These neighboring areas tend to have a number of residents that commute to Louisville during the workweek. Large Employers The Louisville International Airport also plays an important role in the City's economic backbone; the main airport in the city is also home to the UPS worldwide air hub, the largest employer in Louisville. Alongside other large corporations in Louisville such is the Ford Motor Company, Norton Healthcare, and Humana Inc. and many others. ZipRecruiter also named Louisville a Top 10 City for job seekers in 2017. Especially in the industries where Louisville has thrived; automotive, healthcare, and retail.
What is the median home price in Louisville?
As Louisville continues to see strong economic growth, we continue to see impressive numbers that favor local Louisville real estate. Average median sale prices continue to rise throughout the city and surrounding counties. Over the last couple of years, we have experienced a shortage of Louisville MLS listings because of the high demand in popular neighborhoods. Homeowners who decide to put their home on the market tend to see a lot of activity. It is not uncommon for their property to sell within days of being listed.
Things to do in Louisville?
There are great parks to visit, popular restaurants, and live events that take place throughout the year. If you are new to the area and looking for houses for sale in Louisville, you will quickly experience first hand how great the city is. If you are considering living here, you will enjoy getting familiar with some of the popular attractions around town. As you will notice the city is well known for college basketball, the Kentucky Derby, and popular Parks.
In the News: Louisville Economic Development
- Relocating to Louisville - Report shows that Louisville ranks near the top of the list alongside Santa Barbara, California, and Buffalo, N.Y for those leaving major cities.
- Norton Sports Health and Learning Complex - A $52 million West Louisville track complex to be completed by end of 2020 with the first event scheduled for January 2021.
- Traffic Patterns- Crews begin massive safety project on Bardstown Road and Eastern Pkwy near Highlands.
- Large Real Estate Development - Company seeks tax incentives to help build an $80 million mixed-use project in downtown Louisville, the largest such project announced since the COVID-19 pandemic began in March.
Browse Homes for Sale by Zip Codes
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.