View all Spencer County KY Real Estate
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
Spencer County Real Estate Statistics
|Average Home Price||$393K|
|Lowest Priced Home||$70K|
|Highest Priced Home||$1.2M|
|Total Homes for Sale||24|
|Avg. Days On Market||53|
Property Types (active listings)
Why Spencer County is a Great Place to Call Home
Welcome to Spencer County, Kentucky. founded in 1884 and named after Captian Spier Spencer. The county seat is the city of Taylorsville. Home of Taylorsville Lake. A popular 3,050-acre lake which is the largest lake in the Louisville Metro Area. Taylorsville Lake features a full-service marina and an adjoining 1,200 acre Taylorsville Lake State Park.
Guide to Spencer County Real Estate
As the population grows year over year, we continue to see a demand for real estate in Spencer County. Causing home prices to increase over the past 5 - 10 years.
There is a lot of demand for houses for sale in Spencer County. Recently we have seen homes go under contract within days of hitting the market.
Things to do: There are great parks to visit. Many residents enjoy visiting Taylorsville Lake on the weekends during the Summertime. If you are visiting the area, you will quickly experience first hand, how great Spencer County is. From quiet country roads to a rural ambiance setting. It’s no wonder why so many love calling Spencer County home.
Pros and Cons of Buying a House for Sale in Spencer County
Pros of Living in Spencer Co.
As you may know, there are a lot of benefits to owning real estate in Spencer County. Below we highlight some of the benefits of owning property here.
- Taylorsville Lake -One of the most popular l, and the largest lake in the area. More than 3,000 acres! Taylorsville Lake also features a full-service marina and connected to a state park.
- Great Small Businesses -Many residents are very supportive of the local businesses. As a newcomer, be sure to support them as well. Visit some of the small businesses around Spencer County to discover what they have to offer.
- Sustainable Economy -Over the last few years Spencer County has seen great growth. Population has grown significantly, new construction has also been on the rise here.
Cons of Living in Spencer Co
Unfortunately, there are some drawbacks when it comes to buying a house for sale in Spencer Co. Below are some of the negatives that you may run in to.
- Location - Longer Commute -Longer Commute -The average drive to work is roughly 30 to 45 minutes. Located roughly 25 miles southeast of Louisville. One major drawback if you like living close to the city.
- Places to Eat -Sometimes you will have to travel into Louisville to find something new to eat. Since there are a limited number of restaurants in Spencer County.
- Gene Snyder Traffic -In your commute to and from work, you will notice a bottle beck of traffic on Gene Snyder. Especially near the I-64, which is not far from the Taylorsville Rd exit.
Spencer County Neighborhoods
Find the Newest MLS Listings First
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.