Oldham County Real Estate & Houses for Sale
Oldham County Real Estate Statistics
|Average Home Price||$507K|
|Lowest Priced Home||$51.9K|
|Highest Priced Home||$3.9M|
|Total Homes for Sale||140|
|Avg. Days On Market||551|
Property Types (active listings)
Oldham County Community Video
Slogan: "Quitely Amazing"
Take a quick tour through the area and attractions of Oldham County. Learn why the slogan for this community is know as "Quietly Amazing". Contact us to learn more about the neighborhoods.
Cities in Oldham County KY
Easy One-Click Search
Interactive map for the quickest search for Oldham County homes for sale by city. Click on any area in map to find all MLS listings.
Oldham County Homes for Sale by School District
Over the years Oldham County Schools have been recognized nationally. One of the most common reasons people decide to move to the area. Below you can search for houses for sale by each school district.
Whats Your Home Worth?
Inventory is LOW and now may be a great time to SELL. Quickly find out what your home is worth!Get Value
Local Housing Market Trends
This home is located in a Hot Market
56% of homes go under contract within one week. Get pre approved and schedule a showing before this home is gone!
Guide to Oldham County Real Estate
Welcome to your local source for homes for sale Oldham County KY. A community located only 25 miles northeast of Louisville, KY and less than 100 miles from Cincinnati. Named after Colonel William Oldham. The County Seat is La Grange, KY. With a population of a little more than 60,000, Oldham County is a great community with a small-town feel! Oldham County has also been recognized for the public School system. (See more County statistics here).
With the population at a steady incline, we continue to see an impressive housing market. Over the years, Oldham County real estate has grown at a steady pace. Because of the demand, we have experienced a shortage of homes for sale over the last couple of years. It is not uncommon for a house to sell within days of being on the market. There are also many different property types to choose from. There are also many different popular neighborhoods. From small to large neighborhoods, and some even offer amenities. If you are new to the area, you will quickly experience first hand how great this area is. From quiet country roads to award-winning schools. It's no wonder why the slogan for Oldham County is 'Quietly Amazing'.
Buying a House for Sale in Oldham County
As you may know, there are a lot of benefits to owning Oldham County real estate. Below we highlight some of the benefits of living here.
Pros of Living in Oldham Co.
- Award-Winning Schools - Nationally recognized as an award-winning school system. Oldham County School District has ranked in the top 4% of all districts in Kentucky. Which places the local school system in the 'Distinguished' category.
- Small Businesses - Residents are very supportive of local businesses in Oldham County. As a newcomer, support and visit local businesses around the area to discover what they have to offer.
- Sustainable Economy - Over the last five years, the population in Oldham County has grown by more than 7%. One reason why the local economy has continued to have sustainable growth over the years.
- Parks and Youth Sports - New to the area? You will find that there are many great parks and playgrounds to visit around town. There is also a lot of community support when it comes to youth sports here in Oldham County.
Cons of Living in Oldham CoUnfortunately, there are some drawbacks when it comes to buying a house for sale in Oldham Co. Below are some of the negatives that you may run in to.
- Location / Longer Commute - The average drive to work is roughly 25 to 30 minutes. Located roughly 20 miles east of Louisville and less than 90 miles from Cincinnati, OH. One drawback if you like living close to the city.
- Places to Eat - There are great, local restaurants here in Oldham County. Luckily there is more to choose from compared to 10 years. Yet, you will find that sometimes you will have to travel into Louisville to get something new from time to time.
- Stuck on the Tracks -This is more of a running joke for locals here in Oldham County. About once a week you will see semi truck stuck on the railroad tracks in Crestwood. Causing a slight turnaround for some. Not so much of a negative, but a little humor worth mentioning.
- Interstate 71 Traffic -Always check the traffic! Often there is an accident on I-71. When this happens, there is a drastic increase in traffic that detours from I-71 to the main roads in the area. Such as Hwy 146 through Crestwood. Making for a very long morning commute to school and work.
In the News: Oldham County Economic Development
- Residents paying double tax for emergency services - Homeowners paying double tax for emergency services when nearby district added a second ambulance to service parts of Oldham County.
- HGTV visits La Grange, KY with a small town makeover - HGTV is expanding its popular "Home Town" series to include revitalizations of six small towns across the country.
- Oldham County Humane Society - After years of planning and fundraising, the Oldham County Humane Society showed off its first permanent home.
- Senior Living Facility in Oldham County - Developers are proposing a “one of a kind” senior living facility to Oldham County.
- New Oldham County Courthouse - State approves $29M design for the new Oldham County Courthouse.
Find the Newest MLS Listings First
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.